Monday, February 8, 2010

37 weeks 2 days

A couple of you mentioned that whenever I don't write a blog post for a couple days, you wonder if I'm having the baby.  So I thought I'd write a quick blog post to let you know that no, Krewson has not been born, and yes, I am still pregnant. (And huge. And getting huger by the minute.)

I also just read that 95% of all babies are born within two weeks of their due date.  We'll pretend for a moment that statistics never lie and that that number is in fact correct.  (Being a statistician, I am acutely critical of any published statistics I read, but we'll go with it for the time-being.)  Since some babies are born beyond 2 weeks after their due date, this means that there is a less than 5% chance of Krew being born prior to 38 weeks.  That's this Saturday (five days from now).  So...you can all breathe easy at least until Saturday.  Once Sunday hits and you don't hear from me, you're allowed to start wondering.  (And praying that Krewson is in fact making his world debut, if you so desire. :))

I'm so excited for this little boy to be born!!

3 comments:

  1. Both girls were about 2.5 weeks early. And you know? I was ready for them be here!! Both times I don't think I could have lasted for another 2 weeks of having to get up to pee and sleeping on my side, etc etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if the little one decides to arrive tomorrow, he will have to same birthday as Melody!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying for you after Saturday for sure! Thanks for clarifying the stats for us! :-)

    ReplyDelete