Well, two exciting pregnancy events happened in the last 24 hours.
First, last night, Dave and I visited our new house with his dad. We met one of the guys having a house built down the street, and while we were talking the guy said, "Is it your first one?" and nodded at my belly. I was so overjoyed. I was like oh my goodness he thought I was pregnant, not a skinny girl with a beer belly! Whoo hoo!! Of course I had just eaten a large dinner, so I'm sure this made my belly even rounder than normal, but I was still ecstatic.
Second, I'd read that sometime in the second trimester you won't have to pee as much as during the first trimester because the uterus moves out of your pelvis and more into your abdominal area. Well...last night was the first time in about two months that I made it through the whole night without getting up to pee. I was pretty proud this morning, and made sure to share my achievement with Dave. He was pretty proud of me, too. :)
Aren't those two events exciting???
On other notes, I read some random pregnancy information that I found interesting and thought I'd share:
1. Healthiest babies are born to women who gain at least 35 pounds during pregnancy.
2. The average pregnant woman loses 13.5 lbs within an hour after delivery.
3. The saline content of amniotic fluid is the same as the oceans.
4. The skin of an unborn baby, if cut by a surgical incision, heals without a scar.
5. While sleeping at night, side-lying positions with lots of pillows for additional support and comfort are ideal. It is best to lie on your left side instead of the right whenever possible. This ensures that the baby receives its nutrients uninterrupted. Cross one leg over the other with a pillow in between is best for both mother and baby. This position not only optimizes blood flow to the placenta but also ensures smooth functioning of the kidneys. Efficient kidney function means better elimination of fluids and this in turn reduces the chances of odema (swelling of the ankles, feet, hands).
- What's great about this is that my left side is my preferred sleeping position, pregnant or not. It made this pregnancy task quite easy for me. :)
How to Choose the Right Curling Wand For You
2 days ago