Wednesday, August 12, 2009

11 weeks 4 days

I had to call the doctor again today.

Last week I had to call because I'd been sick for over a week and I was concerned that it was turning into an upper respiratory infection. (I went in, and they basically told me that unless it turned into pneumonia, they wouldn't give me any medication for it. I was like, wow, so glad I took an hour and a half off of work to drive over here for you to tell me that.)

This week I've been waking up at about 4am or 5am to severe lower cramping from my bladder being overly full. I've been assuming it's just round ligament pain. Then today I decided to check online to see if other women had experienced anything similar. Much to my dismay, many talked about similar pain and then said it turned out to be a bladder infection. Then I read some more and it said that untreated bladder infections can travel into the kidneys and possibly cause miscarriage. Well, this really didn't make me happy...pretty panicked, honestly. So I called the doc and left a message again. I'm so glad the nurses respond quickly. A nurse called back about 10 minutes later, and had me describe the pain in detail to her. She reassured me that she believes it's just round ligament pain and that I don't need to worry. I was sooooo relieved. Dave and I are leaving for Seattle in a few hours and I have no idea what I would have done if I gotten there and found myself with a full-blown UTI. Well, ok, I do know what I would have done. I would have freaked out.

Luckily at every prenatal visit they take a urine sample and check for things such as UTIs. My next appointment is Tuesday morning, so I know it will be double-checked then. That gives me some relief.

On another note, I took a couple measurements of myself this morning. I have now gained 2 lbs and measure 3 inches wider around my waist at my bellybutton (compared to when I first found out I was pregnant). This was this morning, after just a glass of milk. By evening time I always look about a month more pregnant than I did in the morning, so I would assume the measurement is a lot greater then. But for now, the morning measurement is +3 inches. :)

Alright, as I mentioned, we're heading to Seattle for 5 days, so I won't be writing for a bit. Give me a call if you need any updates. :)

Love,
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment