I'm at 12 weeks 4 days, and my second trimester starts Saturday!!
Today I read a few tidbits that I found interesting:
* Between 16 and 20 weeks, you'll start to feel your baby move around inside you, known as "quickening." (4 more weeks to go!)
* Toward the end of the second trimester, you might also feel repeated "blips" in your abdomen -- not to worry, that's just your baby having completely harmless hiccups! (Neat. :) )
* By week 16, you'll likely be in maternity clothes due to your expanding waistline and widening hips. By week 27, you should have gained 16 to 22 pounds, but your baby will only account for about two of those. (Maternity clothes in 4 weeks! Crazy!)
* As your shape changes you may worry more about the long-term effects that pregnancy may have on your body. (Um, yeah, that's already started. :( )
* By your second trimester, your body is manufacturing estrogen in overdrive: The ovaries produce as much in a single day as a nonpregnant woman's ovaries do in three years. (Holy camoly!)
That's all for today. :)