Tuesday, October 20, 2009

21 weeks 3 days

Krewson now weighs about a pound!! He has hair and eyelashes and can hear our voices. And if I poke my stomach to wake him up, he'll often respond with a kick. It's fun being able to somewhat interact. :) He also loves to bounce around while I'm eating, which is entertaining.

Last Tuesday night I felt my first kick above my belly button, and it really threw me off. I had NO idea he was taking up that much of my abdomen already!! But sure enough, I pulled out a ruler and measured the length that the doctor said my uterus was measuring right now, and it went to about an inch and a half above my belly button. Crazy!

Here's a little tidbit I read about the umbilical chord a bit ago and found interesting: "The umbilical cord is so well engineered that the blood stream travels at four miles an hour and completes the round-trip through the cord and through the baby in only thirty seconds."  Pretty impressive, huh?   I love learning things that they don't tell you in all the normal pregnancy books. :)

Other than that, I guess the big news lately is that Dave and I purchased the mother of all strollers...a Bugaboo.  Dave found it in the Charlotte Craigslist listings.  I was pretty against buying it at first, but he talked the seller down on the price quite a bit to the point where it was hard to turn down.  Plus they had purchased a bunch of extra amenities that were included with the price.  Dave was itching for a nice stroller anyway, so I gave in.  We'll see what I think.  The stroller is apparently supposed to do just about everything.  You can read about it here: http://www.babygizmo.com/news/bugaboo.php.

To finish out my update, here are a couple pictures (and slightly different angles) of my current baby belly.  Enjoy. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment