Wednesday, July 29, 2009

9 weeks 4 days

15 random things from my pregnancy:

1) Despite my ever-widening midsection, I have to-date only gained 1 lb.

2) That will change soon, as in about 2 1/2 weeks I am scheduled to start gaining 1 lb per week. (Holy camoly!!)

3) There are very few vegetables that do not flip my gag switch. Peas and green beans are about it. The thought of cooked broccoli makes me want to run for the toilet.

4) Chicken noodle soup and chicken Ramen Noodles taste absolutely amazing. Add macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes to that list. Delish.

5) I am now peeing at least once, often twice, a night. This is after I go to sleep.

6) I am having crazy vivid dreams, as is expected during pregnancy. However, I had these before, so I'm not so sure they're a symptom for me.

7) I have reached the point where the probability of miscarriage is only like 2.5%. Yay!!

8) I want lime green to be a main color in the baby's room.

9) After reading a fiction book about a bunch of pregnant women, I don't think I care whether I have a boy or a girl anymore.

10) Dave is an absolutely amazing husband and has been soooo tolerant of my mood swings and random food aversions and cravings. I love him. :)

11) My leg hair now grows about 2 inches a day. Ok, that is an exaggeration. But really, it's growing way too fast.

12) I have now thrown up twice. Once was at Dave's mom's a couple weeks ago. The second time was the other morning on the way to the airport in Chicago. I actually had to have Dave's uncle pull his car over so I could open the door and vomit into a bag. I always thought it'd be so embarrassing for that to happen...but really, when it's happening, the only thing you care about is ending the horrible nausea lurching into your throat.

13) My chest has now hurt for close to ten weeks in a row. That's one long interval of chest pain. (I'm using the word "chest" for the sake of any of you readers who are male.)

14) I'm tired. Almost all the time.

and....

15) I know it's all worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Lime green will look great!
    Thumbs up on number 15! *smile*

    ReplyDelete