Tuesday, July 28, 2009

9 weeks 3 days

This weekend we went to Collin and Brittany's wedding (which was beautiful). We told many people about the pregnancy while there, and I was a bit overwhelmed by the response. I was approached by grinning faces and hugs all night long, and I had about fifty pairs of hands on my stomach throughout the night. It was very sweet...but still odd to have so many people touching my belly. Despite the fact that others had told me it would happen, I still wasn't quite prepared. But I did appreciate all the love and attention. :)

I liked the following update from What to Expect about what's happening this week with Besido:

****************************

Your baby's growth is fast and furious when you are 10 weeks pregnant. He or she is nearly an inch and a half long and the size of a prune, but not nearly as shriveled (even with all the time it spends in water). In fact, your baby is really taking a human shape now. Bones and cartilage are forming, and small indentations on the legs are developing into knees and ankles. The arms (complete with elbows) can flex already, but don't run to the store for a baseball bat just yet. Though your baby's arms are taking shape and getting stronger, each one is only about the size of this number 1.

The tooth bud fairy is making her appearance this week, heralding the arrival of your baby's little choppers, which are forming under the gums. (Those pearly whites won't break through the gums until your baby is close to six months old). Other systems are go, too. Your baby's stomach is producing digestive juices, the kidneys are producing larger quantities of urine, and, if your baby's a boy, he's already producing testosterone (yikes!).


****************************

1 comment:

  1. So people really do touch your belly? I can imagine that would be odd - I never really thought about that, because I really have never put my hand on a pregnant woman's belly! I guess it might be a natural reaction though if it was someone close to you.

    ReplyDelete