Wednesday, June 24, 2009

4 weeks 4 days

I got three new pregnancy books in the mail yesterday, and I'm super excited about them.

Here they are:




The 40 Weeks Devotional Guide is pretty awesome so far. I've read one chapter, and the book does a great job incorporating God into everything and of reminding you to lean on Him in faith instead of worrying about everything and trying to control it all.

The Joy of Pregnancy I've only read a bit of, but I really wanted it after glancing through it in Borders the night we found out we were pregnant. It doesn't just talk about pregnancy basics, but it also focuses on your emotions and your life, it has questions and answers from other women, and it helps prepare you for labor.

When the Belly Button Pops was rated highly by reviewers, and I also found it on a Christian website. So I thought it might be a good book to read, also.

Once I finish all these books (which will probably take me a while), I'll work on getting some baby books so I know what to do with the little bundle of joy once it's out of my body and in my arms.

Symptoms haven't been horrible so far, although I am SOOO bloated that I seriously look 5 months pregnant. No joke. I am currently sitting at work with my pants unbuttoned, because if I button them up they poke me in the stomach and make me nauseous. I did some research online last night and read in some forums, and it sounds like quite a few women have this problem early in pregnancy. I'm glad I'm not alone. Why don't they tell you these things in the pregnancy sections on websites? I haven't read anywhere, "Oh, by the way, your belly is likely to bloat out to the point where you cannot button your pants and you wonder if you were mistaken and you're actually 5 months pregnant instead of 5 weeks. Do not worry, this is a common occurence and will eventually subside." Nope, they leave it to us puffy-bellied women to figure out on our own. Thanks so much.

Oh, and my chest is now nearly too big for most everything I own except my sports bras, which I have been wearing to bed and to work all week. And I'm only at 4 weeks 4 days. They say the peak growth begins at 6 weeks. I can't wait.

Other than that, pregnancy is great so far. Every day Dave and I read together from a pregnancy journal I bought (picture below). It gives us a daily update on what's going on with Besido inside. Pretty neat. :)


Alright off I go.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment