Wednesday, November 11, 2009

24 weeks 4 days

Well I'm over 6 months pregnant now!  How crazy is that. :)  I had my 24-week prenatal appointment yesterday and everything was fine.  Krew started moving around during the dopplar, and we had trouble hearing his heart because all we heard was the "swoosh swoosh gurgle" of his movements. He settled down after a bit and the doc got a good listen.  After my next appointment, I start going to the doctor every two weeks.  It makes me excited, because that means we're on the definite home stretch. :)

Our friends Emily and Sion are due to have their baby girl tomorrow!!  Last I talked to Emily (this morning) there was no word of Ellie making her appearance, but I know that Sion and Emily are quite anxious. :)  I can't wait, either!  Here's a pic of me and Emily this past weekend...her at 9 1/2 months, me at 6 months.




Some information on Besido Krewson's latest developments, based on various sources:

* He's about a foot long head to foot and about 1 1/2 lbs.  (I'm thinking our Besido might be a bit bigger than that. My uterus yesterday measured 26 cm, which is 2 cm bigger than average.)

* He may put on as much as 6 ounces this week. That is 1/3 of his total body weight. That is comparable to a 130 lb. woman gaining 43 pounds in one week!  (Pretty impressive.)

* The lungs are gaining blood vessels now, preparing them for taking over the task of getting oxygen into the blood stream.

* He is working out his own waking and sleeping periods, and they won't always coincide with yours. That explains the tap dance routine at 2 am.  (Ah, yes.)

* Unborn babies respond to music, so go ahead and expose yours to lots of different types. See which ones your baby likes the best. (I think we're set in that department...he's been listening to music for quite some time now.)

I also wanted to share some pics of some items friends/family have purchased for us lately.

First, there's the little onesie that Jaclyn got me from Target.  (You can read about that shopping trip here: 22 weeks 4 days.)


Isn't it so cute??

Then, while we were in Florida for Dave's ultimate frisbee nationals, my grandma gave us two more outfits.


So sweet.  I like the hat. :)

Finally, my friend Vanessa (you can check out her blog over at Blue Ridge Baby) made us a little cap to keep Krew's head from getting cold.  She knitted it herself, which is pretty impressive. :)



Thanks so much to everyone for all the gifts!!

I've also made some personal purchases for Krew as I've seen things on sale online.  I'll have to share those in a future post. :)

2 comments:

  1. yeah! the hat's on your blog, don't I feel special :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, cute clothes for the baby! I cna't believe youare six months along already - kind of crazy!

    ReplyDelete